Belly Acres Farm

Belly Acres Farm

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

I Hate Crows-I Shoot Things

First let's start at the end.   Things you may know or not know about crows. Keep in mind I "DID NOT" know these things till recently.


  1. They have the ability to remember your face for up to 5 years or more.
  2. They conspire with each other
  3. They are great planners
When I was transplanted from city life to "Belly Acres Farm" I was so excited to be in touch with all the beautiful animals.   I was going to be like Snow White and talk to them.   I just pictured myself with little birds fluttering around and the deer, rabbits and squirrels sitting listening to my stories.

It didn't happen immediately,  actually it still hasn't happened except for CROWS......Big Ugly Crows.....what people use to think was an emblem of death.  Not me, its those big nasty buzzards that freak me out,   every time they hover over I run in and take my pulse to make sure I am not their next target.  CROWS.......

They drive me insane,   but what I know now and what I didn't know makes the difference.   Soon after the move, the crows were eating and destroying my yummies for the other wild animals.   They were mean to the others and was just destructive.   So......I had to do it,  I got my one bullet and my single shot and decided to take one out and show them who was boss around here.  AIM-SHOOT-FAIL.  Didn't hit a thing except maybe a fence pole.

Soon the crows multiplied and tripliefied (is that a word) so I tried again,  AIM-SHOOT-BOOM.....got him.   I did a little jig watching the multitude of thieves squawk to each other and fly away.  Man they were talking up a storm too.   Yea Buddy.   Operation SUCCESS.  But just to make sure,  and don't be offended.   I remember when I was a kid people hang up dead coyotes to show the others what happens when they come on their property after their baby animals.   I don't know if it worked but.....I am a new country girl, I'll try it.

Finally found a wire and gloves,  I didn't want to get bird flu by touching that nasty thing.  I wired him upside down on nearby tree limb.  When my Superman saw him he asked, I explained my theory, he said nothing.  But I read his mind.  hahahaha

Colonies of crows came back, more and more everyday surrounding my house. If I went outside, they went to chattering to each other.   I am sure it was  "THAT'S HER, SHE IS THE ONE THAT HUNG OLE BILLY JOHN BIRD" IN THAT TREE!   I couldn't hear myself think it was so loud so I went in and got me several shot gun shells and the gun and headed outside.  POOF---crows flew in every direction, not a one left to shoot at.   Well that got rid of them, they remember what I did to Billy John Black Bird.

Its been over 3 years,  the stupid crows are still here and drive me insane.   Every once in a while I will walk out with my gun just to watch them fly away.  They send a few back through to see if I am still there.  It has became a game with me and the crows.  Now I have tried carrying a broom, baseball bat and other things and they don't budge.  But if Superman or I ever walk out with a gun they tell each other to FLY FAST.

I have came to accept that as long as I live here, they will tell the story of "Billy John Crow" to their kids and grands and I will always have them lingering to drive me a little batty.  As a matter of fact, they were all out surrounding the house this morning when I went out,  this prompted the post. Superman and I have both tried to slip out with the shotgun,  they are smart and have spies everywhere,  that one little spy says one certain phrase/squawk and they all get out of dodge.

Luke 12:24  Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?

No comments:

Post a Comment