Belly Acres Farm

Belly Acres Farm

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Bloody Noses and Crazy Fun Church Women

I don't cry much,  I have never been a crying person by nature and that is not by choice.  But it is probably best because I am an UGLY crier,  I don't let tears roll,  I sobbed till I nearly hyperventilate.  I think a good slinging snot, water-drowning tear bath is good for everyone at times.   But those women, yeah those women who I meet up with every Wednesday night,  some of them are criers,  is that how you spell that,  looks funny don't it  "crier".  Oh well I am not taking time to check it, you can.

Crying is kind of like yawning, it is contagious at times.   Now this Wednesday night group ages goes from 22 up to 55, that one would be me.   It's our special time,  we try to have plans on what we are going to do but we don't hold our breaths on that.   Thank you Jesus, we are mindful of the Spirit and we can go from a giggle to full out breakdown within two minutes time and then back to laughing, or praying or reading scripture.   That would be odd in a man's world but it is a perfectly normal night for us.

They/we say women's meeting on Wednesday night but that doesn't describe us at all.  I spend way too much time trying to think of a word that describes us  A Beautiful Potpourri?  Yeah sort of but I giggle like a child and want to say POT POURY when I see that word.   We are like looking inside a kaleidoscope maybe????  Well that would be just goofy, the Kaleidoscope ladies.  Patchwork Gals sounds like a bunch my age working on a quilting bee.  That 22 year old Sarah might not want to be known as Patchwork.   What were we talking about???

Oh I am back at it.  The Word for which I believe says that God supplies our needs according to His riches in Glory by Christ Jesus.   And I reckon that means alot of things such as roofs, food, pies and electricity.  But when I think our our Pot Poury Kaleidoscope Patchwork group,  I think of that scripture.   This was a need that I didn't even realize I needed till after it happened.   Since moving to the foot of Blue Mountain, I have been somewhat isolated.

Almost a year now we started meeting,  we talked about doing it monthly or bimonthly but all of us agreed we needed this once a week.  As we have often said,  depending on the situation,  we are there to hold one that is tired in spirit's arms up such as Aaron and Hur did for Moses when his arms grew so tired from holding up God's law on stone. As time has gone on, we have shared with each other so much, our blessings, prayers,  scriptures meant of someone and love, sweet sweet love. We have learned to keep watch and warn each other when we feel trouble ahead.  The words "Get Locked and Loaded" can mean different things in our group, most times it means lock arms ladies, we are about to have spiritual battles so get loaded with God's word.

Oh yeah, blood noses was the title,   I am the 55 year old Patchwork granny.   Since a little girl and I used to watch my great grandmothers carry their pretty hankies around,   I have been fascinated with them.  A few years back I stumbled on some at an estate sale and my collection began as well as me carry them as my granny did 100 years ago.   Last night during a crying spell,   I was slinging snot and watering myself down when I pulled out my hankie to take care of the mess.   BUGGED OUT EYES across the table from a couple of gals, one said  OH NO YOUR NOSE IS BLEEDING BAD.  I said WHAT?  Someone else says Oh it is, and everyone looked panicked.  I finally looked down and I had a bright red flowered hankie.  Heheheheheheh......not that funny but it is.   I bet the majority of women under 40 have never known women to carry their hankies.....maybe I will start a new fashion trend....

That's all....time to rock and roll.....

Philippians 1:17 Only conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or remain absent, I will hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel 

No comments:

Post a Comment