Belly Acres Farm

Belly Acres Farm

Thursday, January 22, 2015

I am "Blessed Beyond Measure"

Yesterday I started off with several ideas to blog and just couldn't do it.  Nothing sounded like I wanted it to sound and that is unusual for me.  So got up this morning and downed my pot of coffee with hazelnut creamer.   Oh how this makes me happy in the mornings. Best part of waking up except maybe that fast leap to the powder room,  haha.

Anywho, here I am again trying to write something witty,  worth your valuable time to read or just another story of the life and times of me and guess what,  NOTHING except the word "Blessed".

Last night as I drifted off I didn't count sheep, I counted blessings and bigger than Buzz Lightyear, they are to infinity and beyond and uncountable.  I am a C-H-R-I-S-T-A-I-N!  Spelling it out because I am singing the song I learned in Bible school as a child.   

I believe that the Bible is true and that my Jesus died for me.   I believe I am God's little girl thru Jesus Christ because Galatians 3:26 tells me this "For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus." You see, if you haven't read earlier blogs,  I would be DEAD and in HELL and my human remains pushing up daisys without family and friends that believed in the power of prayer and a Savior that gave me another chance.

I am blessed to have another day.  My favorite song of all times and I do not know why it didn't get more play time on Christian radio is "Another Day" by Natalie Grant.  Click on title to listen.


Here are a few things that pop in my mind as I type this.  I am blessed to have survived to see my kids grow up,  to see three perfect little boys become my grands.  To see so many of my family give their hearts to Jesus.  To see Jesus perform the same life saving miracles when the doctors said NO WAY to my son, my sister and 2 little ones named Haley Ann and Jed. 

I am blessed to have dirty laundry, that means we have clothes.  I am blessed with a dishwasher, not like most,  mine is the two handed kind and that means I can use my hands to do this and that we have food to eat to make dirty dishes.  I am blessed with a freezer, no it isn't filled with steaks, even better, meat taken by us and very healthy.  It has vegetables shared by Church friends and others, grown themselves.  All of which means we are able to be self-sufficient with God's blessings.

Technology, oh how we all fuss about it but I am truly blessed with it.  At anytime, 24-7 I can open this lap top and find prayer warriors, near and far to pray.  Or to talk me through a tough time, or make me laugh.  Social media is as good as you let it be,  I have a friend in Oklahoma that I have never met,  yet Sheila is an inspiration.  Then there is Miki who l have only met once yet she is one of my confidants when I need to talk/type.   My cousins across the US live in my laptop too.  My crazy bluegrass buddies and my BFF for life way up in PA!!!! And oh,  the Heart Sisters, they are all heart disease survivors too,  we have a bond that nobody could understand.  My Church family is here too,  just a click away.  I encourage all women to pray for a group of women like we have at our Church. The bond is the most beautiful thing and is a blessing to all of us that participate. I am blessed to have this technology.

I am blessed to have a family that goes beyond parents and siblings,  my extended family has always been more like immediate family.  I didn't know they weren't considered that by Websters for many years.  They are my immediates in my heart.

I am blessed with a husband that must truly loves me,  Lord knows I am a pistol.  Blessings surround me with little things too.   Coffee,  fur babies, toilet paper, reading glasses, several pair of shoes.  We can pray, worship and study our Bibles in our own homes and Churches See we take these for granted while there are people in this world without these things.

I could go on and on, the list is endless and will grow daily.  I will end with a scripture and a prayer that if you don't know Jesus, that you read Romans 10:10-11 and feel this peace.

Numbers 6: 24 The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.   


No comments:

Post a Comment