Belly Acres Farm

Belly Acres Farm

Friday, February 6, 2015

Of Mice & Men-Don't SHOOT THINGS


After another calm Wednesday night  gathering with our beautiful Church ladies aka Princesses aka Brave Soldiers at our little country Church,   I must blog while it is fresh on my mind.  Maybe too fresh, not sure I can type through without a few giggle breaks.

I need you to be the camera operator and eye witness so that you will feel like you were in the room with us on Weds night.  Can you do that?  Sure you can,  grab a chair on south side of the room  with a better view of what is about to happen and join us already in progress please.  I will catch you up now.

Bible study was great, it was lead by PW (Preachers wife) because no real names will be used so they may remain anonymous.  Yeah right, hahaha.   PW sparked my interest while studying what women and children's daily jobs were in Bible times.  I have read many verses about the water well but never let it soak in that the young single women's job each day was to travel back and forth to the well to get water for the family.   I reckon if they had a big family they had to carry them big ole clay buckets several trips, not sure I would have like that.   But this is also the way they socialized and even met prospective husbands.  The men knew this is where the young maidens would be so as PW put it,  it was kind of like match.com in biblical times.  I was singing the farmersonly.com song in my head by that time.

After CC classes a few weeks ago,  as well as being aware of the mean people in our world,  I have lately tried to be aware of sounds, people and options in case of emergency.  And this has to do with what you ask? Earlier we had heard something that made us or me a little uncomfortable outside.

Wake up  over on the south side, you need to pay attention at this point.   Camera ready?  Have I mentioned in the south at most little Country Church's food is usually involved?  We have now proceeded to the long counter to put away and clean up our very healthy food from earlier.  Okay, PW was doing most of the work and the rest of us were standing across the counter watching and normal chit-chatting and still munching.    You see us munching and her over there getting her dishwater hands all soft?

AIYEEEEEEE-EYAHHHHH was the scream as PW threw her arms in the air and this is when everything went into slow motion for this granny.  1st thought- Holy Spirit had already got ahold of her and she was a shouting right there at the sink washing dishes.    My first time to see that at a sink.

EYAHHHHH-AIYEEEEE  EYAHHHHHHH  ear piercing screams from right beside me from 2 very brave young women (I thought).  2nd thought-the noise we heard outside was now looking in the window and all 3 could see them but me.  I go into my Rambo/Or Run mode.   Save'em all or save myself?  The 2 young ones had headed for the back of the room right into a corner and PW had rounded the corner hot on their trail.   All three with their hands up and screaming in harmony.  I looked at the door, watching them corner themselves, quick look over my shoulder to see if anyone had crawled through the window yet.

Normally when frightened as some already know,   I fall flat of my face, done it all my life.   But thank the good Lord for keeping me upright.  Finally over their blood curling screams I yelled "WHAT ARE YA'LL RUNNING FROM AND WHERE ARE WE GOING".  I knew they were either making a new door in the wall or was about to get in a mess over in that corner.   PW,  arms still flailing in the air screams words finally.    DEAD MOUSE-DEAD MOUSE which only made the brave young girls scream louder as one proceeded to start climbing on the table.

Shewy,   I hate mice,  even dead mice and would have done the same had I seen it but for once I was relieved.   The screams finally stopped and turned into laughter, still a frightened laughter but they weren't coming out of that corner.  Braveheart women were all trying to decide what to do, nobody was going over there.  I can be the hero, I can face my fear-  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me is what I told Nae as she and I crept over closer.   I got close enough to see its freaky little feet sticking up in the air and said "I See It" which brought on a little more running and screaming by Nae.  Welp,  I failed miserable at conquering my fear of mice,  NOPE couldn't do it.  But now what were we going to do?

A Pastor's work is never done,  bless his heart,  PW said I am calling the Pastor he can come get rid of it.  I can only imagine what his thoughts were being called after 9:00 pm to come to Church to eulogize a dead mouse and calm the fears of the women.   But I didn't stick around,   I got to thinking about it having family there.

Fear Not or Be Not Afraid is in the Bible 103 times.   I am thinking the Princess Warriors might want to re-study all 103 times and apply them to seeing dead mice.   And who says Church is all serious?  Ha......go to a little country Church near you, its always eventful.

No comments:

Post a Comment