Belly Acres Farm

Belly Acres Farm

Friday, February 20, 2015

Identity Crisis

I have put off blogging because the only thing I could think of to write about was Identity Crisis and I am all about funny, goofy and entertainment.  I prefer to seek out that side of my personality and avoid the serious side.  After a couple of weeks,  I reckon the Good Lord wants me to admit to Identity Crisis as it may help someone else with what they go through.


I am in my second month of being 55 years old and continue to try and figure it out.  I don't know why this year has such an impact, none of the other 54 did. Of course the old grey mare ain't what she used to be in a lot of areas but honestly on the inside I feel 25 and I like it.  Do you notice I am still avoiding the subject here, see this is what I do.



Identity Crisis,   no I am not having one,  I know where I stand and WHOSE I am more than ever, the situations are just different than what I was spoiled too.  I have such a desire to seek God first and not be distracted.  So of course there are many distractions that make me question myself.   I guess along this life I have stood beside or followed behind others and been in a very comfortable zone.   I would say that is a blessing but it leaves me vulnerable in times such as we are in now.   I have learned its incredibly hard to take a stand when you are in minority,  my heart has been softened for those Christians living in Israel and beyond.

When you plant your heels on what you believe to be in line with God's Word our Holy Bible, you better dig them in because we have no idea what will happen after that.   At this point in life more than ever I am trying to apply the Bible to areas more so than ever.   The more I do, the more I realize how we as Christ followers are being swayed by all the bells, whistles, humor, etc. that this world draws us too.

Social media is a dangerous place if you forget WHOSE you are, it can suck you right into dark places. That is tough to type because I love social media, it gets lonely at Belly Acres but I have to remember WHOSE I am, and what he has done for me first, and that I have a work to do, no matter who or what tries to pull me under.   Through Christ, I have found that he doesn't forsake us, when others let us down, he will send people we never realized to the firing line to hold us up and keep us from giving up.



My Bible verse that I have cherished since my near fatal heart attack in 2000 is Acts 20:24,  every time I feel the world tugging at me through peer pressure, worries, possessions etc.  I speak life over the situations with this scripture.

As I close,  if you have read this up to now, remember the Bible is our road map to everything.  We cannot be lukewarm, you know what Revelations says, he will spew us out, we are either hot or cold. 

I John 2 says Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world.




Watch your itchy ears....2 Timothy 4:3 says...For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions

And last,  my prayer is that I can strive to produce good fruit so others can see Christ and what he has done through my testimony. So when you think of me, say a prayer,  I just want to finish the race and complete the task.

Matthew 7:16



No comments:

Post a Comment